Please note that we follow the guidelines issued by Gov. Cuomo which obey recommendations from the CDC & WHO. Before you sign up please read carefully the following policies. During 2021, we will continue updating according to federal, state and local guidance as Covid-19 pandemic evolves.
We implement the following special COVID-19 protocols:
-small size groups/ limited capacity
-enhanced teacher-child ratios
-intensive hygiene & cleaning
-outdoors art activities
-parents are required to fill out a daily health questionnaire for their children. A link will be sent to parents after signing up.
Food + Drink
-Nut-free snack / Food cannot be shared
-Water bottle with label / Water cannot be shared
-Sunscreen with label
-Creative Nature NYC’s apron
Although we are very careful with our art materials, art research can be a messy activity sometimes. Please dress your child in clothes that are okay to get stained. Some materials like Indian ink do not wash out of clothing. Please note that we are not responsible for any stained or damaged clothing.
A Session at Creative Nature NYC:
-9am-9:15: meetup at the park, welcome, ice breakers
-9:15- 9:45: introduction, conversation, first encounter with art provocation
(example: seeds, pollinators, recycled materials) art walk- observation, exploration, play
-9:45-10:00: walk to 172 Norman Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222, hand wash, sanitation
- 10:00-11:15: exploration of materials, art making, documentation
-11:15-11:45: presentation, questions, reflection, listening, conversation
-11:45-12:00: Clean up, pick up.
* If the weather is nice and the project allow us, we could decide to stay the whole session at the park.
Summer Payment & Refunds
-Full payment is required per child, per semester, week or day. The payment is non-refundable, non-transferable, & cannot be issued as a credit.
-A child's place in session will not be reserved until the session payment is paid-in-full.
-There are no refunds issued for cancellations made on the part of families for any reason
-Though we do not plan to close, if for any reason we have to cancel our sessions, families will be fully refunded for cancelled sessions.
-If we are mandated to go on a second lockdown all classes will take place online and no refund will be made.
Covid-19 Physical Distancing, Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfection Policies
Our policies in relationship to guidelines issued by Gov. Cuomo which obey recommendations from the CDC & WHO:
- Art educators will be less than 6 ft. from each other or interacting with children.
- Art educators wear clean masks all the time.
-Creative Nature NYC establishes designated areas for drop-off and pick-up areas outdoors.
-Art supplies and projects are designed to limit the sharing of objects and discourage touching of shared surfaces.
- Art educators and young artists will practice hand hygiene before and after contact with any potential shared object.
- Creative Nature NYC prohibits non-essential visitors on site, to the extent possible.
-Art educators and young artists must perform hand hygiene immediately upon starting our sessions. Frequent hand hygiene for both art educators and young artists is mandatory. Creative Nature NYC will adhere to hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) & maintain logs on site that document date, time, and scope of cleaning & disinfection.
-Creative Nature NYC will provide appropriate cleaning/disinfection and maintain hand hygiene stations: handwashing with soap, running warm water, and disposable paper towels; alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for additional areas.
- Creative Nature NYC’s staff will regularly disinfect materials and art-making tools.
- Creative Nature NYC’ will train all employees/staff on applicable precautions/ policies in the State’s guidance either remotely or in- person, using appropriate social distancing and requiring face coverings for all participants.
- Creative Nature NYC will post signage inside and outside of our facilities to remind individuals to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Creative Nature NYC will instruct staff to stay home if they are sick and remind parents/guardians to keep sick children home.
- Creative Nature NYC will implement mandatory health screening assessment (daily health questionnaire) for employees and children through their parents/guardian. Screening will ask about (1) COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days, (2) positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days, and/or (3) close or proximate contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Responses must be reviewed and such review will be documented.
-In the event that a parent/guardian of a child must be isolated because they have tested positive for, or exhibited symptoms of, COVID-19, the parent/ guardian must be advised that they cannot enter the site for any reason, including picking up their child.
· If the parent/guardian – who is the member of the same household as the child– is exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or has been tested and is positive for the virus, utilize an emergency contact authorized by the parent to come pick up the child. As a “close contact,” the child must not return to our program for the duration of the quarantine.
· If the parent/guardian– who is the member of the same household as the child– is being quarantined as a precautionary measure, without symptoms or a positive test, staff should walk out or deliver the child to the parent/guardian at the boundary of, or outside, the premises. As a “contact of a contact” the child may return to our program during the duration of the quarantine.
· If a child or their household member becomes symptomatic for COVID-19 and/or tests positive, the child must quarantine and may not return or attend the child care or day camp program until after quarantine is complete.
- Creative Nature NYC will immediately notify the state and local health department about any positive test result by an employee or child/camper at their site.
Please read carefully and sign our waiver at the time of signing up.
- Creative Nature NYC is not responsible for any COVID-19 spread or contagion by or to any children or families of such children. Guardians understand and accept the risks of the COVID-19 pandemic and register their children with us at their own free will and assume all consequences. Creative Nature NYC commits to follow all health protocols as guided by New York State Department of Health.
-Creative Nature NYC shall not be responsible for any injury or accident that takes place on or off the premises of the program. Guardians understand and acknowledge the inherent and potential risks of conducting an art program this Summer 2021 outdoors and indoors.
We take photos during our classes and occasionally post them to our social media outlets. If you do not want your child to be photographed, please let us know.